Senior Dealer (BB-03352)
Found in: MNCJobs
The role of Senior Dealer is responsible for overseeing the dealing room operations, including negotiations of borrowing and placement rates / foreign exchange rates / secondary market Sukuk purchases / sales, and execution of deals based on the best market conditions, under the direction and approval of the Division Manager, in order to ensure that the assigned set of portfolios of money market instruments and funds are utilized optimally, in compliance with relevant policies, rules and guidelines in place. Key Accountabilities
Dealing Room Operations:
- Oversee the Dealing Room operations and Dealing Room new product development processes, in compliance with procedural guidelines and relevant IsDB’s policies, rules and procedures.
- Ensure that the assigned set of portfolios of money market instruments and funds are utilized optimally in compliance with relevant policies to best meet the bank’s needs, providing appropriate recommendations, when necessary.
- Oversee placement of liquid funds and short-term resource mobilization, negotiate borrowing and placement rates with counterparties and execute deals based on the best market conditions.
- Analyze foreign exchange movements, negotiate their rates with counterparties and execute deals based on the best market conditions.
- Negotiate prices with counterparties for the secondary market Sukuk purchases / sales.
- Monitor, report and recommend proper actions on currency cash flows of the Bank to ensure that the Bank’s needs are properly addressed.
- Monitor developments in the financial markets that affect the performance of the financial institutions that deal/transact with the IsDB Treasury.
- Oversee the Dealing Room’s on-going performance and quality of its services and outputs, proposing and implementing actions for improvement and innovation.
- In coordination with the manager and FPPA, develop and test models, instruments, and scenarios for predicting future income/ requirements of IsDB, based on extensive market monitoring and analysis.
- Prepare and review detailed reports on the Dealing Room operations’ performance for the management team, to enable sound and data-driven decisions.
Operational Excellence Support:
- Provide technical guidance and review the work delivered by lesser experienced team members.
- Ensure effective implementation and adherence to all relevant policies, procedures and internal controls so that all relevant procedural and regulatory requirements are complied with.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments, regulations and the best practices in the field and give suggestions of adoption.
- Propose and implement process improvements to increase efficiency, effectiveness and compliance of the related operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Banking, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related discipline
- CFA, CTP, ACI Dealing Certificate, AMCT, CTM or any treasury relevant certificate is preferred.
Minimum number of years and nature of experience:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in finance and accounting, of which 4 year in the investments and dealing related operations
Skills and Necessary Knowledge
- Financial Analysis, Modelling and Reporting
- Currency Exchange and Bond/Sukuk Markets
- Statistical Analysis, Modelling and Reporting
- Research and Data Collection
- Islamic Finance
- Asset Liability Management Fundamentals
- Investment Analysis
- Liquidity Investments Products (Murabaha/Wakala/Sukuk)
- Dealing Platforms (Reuters Dealing, Bloomberg, FXALL, FXT, etc.)
- Derivatives (FX/Swaps/Cross Currency Swaps/Interest Rate Swaps / Repos, and Reverse Repos)
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving
- MS Excel, Word, SAP-FM, Misys and JIRA
calendar_today3 weeks ago
location_onجدة, Saudi Arabia
work Islamic Development Bank