Computer Programming for Everyone
FREE ONLINE COURSE (with a PDF Certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you’re eligible)
Duration: 2 weeks
To register for the course, click here
Discover the art of computer programming and learn what code can do with the Institute of Coding and the University of Leeds.
Explore computer programming and complete block-language programming exercises
What are computers good at and how can you get the best out of them?
On this course, you’ll find out how and why people program computers.
Using an introductory block-language for coding, you’ll discover the kinds of problems that computers can help you solve.
You’ll also explore different types of coding languages and discover a variety of useful applications of code.
At the end of the course, you’ll implement key principles you’ve learned by writing your first computer programs.
What topics will you cover?
- Key developments in computing
- Explore what code can do
- How programming works in real life
- Writing basic code
- Solving a more complex problem with code
- Finding out what a development team does
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Summarize key developments in the advent of computer technology.
- Identify where algorithms are used in the real world.
- Solve basic block-language programming exercises.
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities involved in making software.
- Solve more advanced block language exercises with expressive solutions.
- Describe the features and advantages of text-based coding languages.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for people who have digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology in the workplace. This may include those studying for A-levels, those who have a degree, or those who want to improve their career prospects. The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices have evolved.
Who will you learn with?
I’m a technologist and designer. I make things out of hardware, software, and the internet. When not making technology and art, I also write music and build instruments. I originally studied English.
Who developed the course?
- University of Leeds: As one of the UK’s largest research-based universities, the University of Leeds is a member of the prestigious Russell Group and a centre of excellence for teaching.
- Institute of Coding: The Institute of Coding is a family of learners, businesses and educators creating a new way to develop the digital skills needed at work and beyond.
University of Leeds are offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade, so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
- Unlimited access to this course
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes
- Tests to validate your learning
- A PDF Certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you’re eligible
FREE WEBINAR · When: Thursday, 21 October 2021 · T ...
Ah, you have departed from this world so soon · bu ...
You have no groups that fit your search