Just say no – to downtime. Extend the life of your inspection equipment
Over time, every machine goes through a natural obsolescence process that affects its performance and productivity, increases the need for maintenance and the risk of serious failures.
However, you can fight obsolescence and the resulting risk of downtime thanks to targeted revamping. Marcello Zappaterra, Business Development Manager - MRO at Bonfiglioli Engineering, explains how a machine’s life can be extended through upgrades that directly impact its performance, accessibility, and productivity.
Machine upgrades and revamps: All the advantages for your business
An equipment upgrade involves replacing old mechanical, electronic and/or technological components with next-generation ones, identical to those used in the company’s latest models.
This type of intervention is fundamental for equipment which is designed to last over 30 years. In a machine that is used for such a long time, both mechanical and electronic elements inevitably age. Upgrading fights obsolescence by replacing the machine’s “command center”, while modifying its characteristics as little as possible.
There are many advantages to revamping that offer concrete outcomes in both the short and long terms:
- Benefits from advanced technologies delivering better performance in terms of efficiency, stability, and ease of use
- Installation of commercial equipment, so that parts are easy to be found in case of unforeseen events, without having to order them from the parent company
- The operators using the machine continue working with a tool they are familiar with, but with updated components resulting in improved efficiency
- Significantly extend the machine’s life, which also helps to reduce costs
- Reduce machine management costs
- Limit the number of maintenance operations due to breakage, increased false rejection rates and unexpected malfunctions
- Seize an opportunity to train and update staff, helping them become more autonomous in performing ordinary maintenance
- Avoid production downtime caused by mechanical or technological issues
- Implement some features of Industry 4.0 even on older machines
Abstract from the source: Bonfiglioli Engineering
In no way, I had an interest for writing articles. ...
FREE COURSE - FREE CERTIFICATE · FREE ONLINE COURS ...
You have no groups that fit your search