Managing Mental Health and Stress
FREE ONLINE COURSE (with a PDF Certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you’re eligible)
- Duration: 2 weeks
Supporting you to thrive at home during the coronavirus outbreak.
Understanding mental health and its impact
Our mental health is as important as our physical health, and it can fluctuate on a spectrum from good to poor. Work-related stress and mental health problems often go together and the symptoms can be very similar. In this course, you will have the opportunity to discuss the definitions of mental health and stress, and explore how to recognise the key signs.
We will focus on the cost of mental health problems and workplace stress at both individual and organisational levels. We’ll also assess interventions to combat workplace stress and the value of performance coaching and its impact upon employee wellbeing.
What topics will you cover?
- What is poor mental health?
- What is stress?
- Theories and models of stress
- Measuring stress
- The three levels of interventions (ie primary, secondary, tertiary) by Murphy (1988)
- Performance coaching
- Consider interventions to combat workplace stress
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss the definitions of mental health and stress
- Identify the signs of stress and poor mental health at work
- Explore the cost of mental health problems and workplace stress, and the impact on individuals
- Evaluate current models of stress
- Explore interventions to combat mental health and workplace stress
- Evaluate current research and theory in relation to performance coaching at work, and its impact upon employee wellbeing
- Develop an understanding and ability to demonstrate the benefits of implementing performance coaching techniques upon both employee well-being and organisational performance
Who is the course for?
This course is for people who want the opportunity to further understand the link between work-related stress and mental health problems. It is also for those who wish to know more about recognising the signs of mental illnesses.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.
Who will you learn with?
Who developed the course?
Coventry University: Coventry secured gold in the UK Government’s 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) and is University of the Year for Student Experience in The Times & The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019.
Coventry University are offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade, so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
- Unlimited access to this course
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes
- A PDF Certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you’re eligible
To know more about the course and to register, visit: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/managing-mental-health
In no way, I had an interest for writing articles. ...
FREE COURSE - FREE CERTIFICATE · FREE ONLINE COURS ...
You have no groups that fit your search