Standard Precautions: Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection
FREE Course with downloadable certificate (Certificate requirements: Gain a record of achievement by earning at least 70% of the maximum number of points from all graded assignments. You have an unlimited number of attempts to meet the threshold.)
The course is free. Just register for an account on OpenWHO and take the course!
Course type: Self-paced
Course duration: Approximately 1 hour.
In this course, you will learn the role of an Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) professional in environmental cleaning and understand how cleaning and disinfection prevents contamination of the health care environment.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe areas of collaboration between Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and environmental services;
- Describe the health care environment and purpose of environmental cleaning;
- Identify differences between routine and terminal cleaning;
- Describe standard precautions to keep environmental services workers safe;
- Explain the function of cleaning agents and disinfectants; and
- Describe uses of environmental monitoring in the health care setting.
* ~ * ~ *
About OpenWHO: OpenWHO is WHO’s interactive, web-based, knowledge-transfer platform offering online courses to improve the response to health emergencies. OpenWHO enables the Organization and its key partners to transfer life-saving knowledge to large numbers of frontline responders.
FREE WEBINAR · When: Thursday, 21 October 2021 · T ...
Ah, you have departed from this world so soon · bu ...
You have no groups that fit your search